Trendy Summer Jewelry CraftsAugust 2, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Posted in Craft Corner, Imikimi, Seasonal, Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: crafts, frame, jewelry, lace, necklace, tape
Beauty on a budget has been a concern among women (and men!) for years. You have that one outfit with no jewelry to match it, or perhaps you’ve seen a piece from an expensive brand and cannot bear the thought of spending a lot of money for occasional wear… Do-it-yourself jewelry crafts can be found all over the web for all skill levels using things you might just have laying around the house! Here are five fun wearable’s you can craft today:
1. Using paperclips, tape (any kind), and jewelry findings you can create one-of-a-kind pieces that will get you plenty of attention! Imagine making this in all colors for variety. Photo Credit: How About Orange
2. Wondering what to do with all those old cd’s you have? Break them up, glue them to felt, and BAM you have a new pair of earrings. You could get very creative with this one by using shapes other than circles. Think rectangles or triangles.Photo Credit: PinkChocolateBreak
3. Taking a vacation this year? Make a wearable memory of it by cutting your destination from a map and gluing it onto a cabochon. This would also make a great gift for any recipient.
Photo Credit: Unfortunately Oh!
4. Root through your garage or basement to find this simple, yet bold ingredient for a ring: A basic hex nut from the hardware store, painted any color you desire! Clicking the photo will also show you how to make other crafts with nuts and washers as well.Photo Credit: Design Crush
5. Last, but not least, you’ll need a place to store all of your sparkly new trinkets, right? An old frame and strips of lace should do the trick. Photo Credit: Decor4all
Instructions for all of these crafts can be found by clicking either the photo or the photo credit below it.