Crafting Away for the 4TH!June 21, 2013 at 8:19 am | Posted in Craft Corner, Seasonal, Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: art, craft, crafting, crafts, decoration, holiday, holidays, tutorial
Crafting for a holiday can be exciting and memorable. Whether you want something for your kids to create or you want something to create yourself, choosing the craft is half the battle! Here are 3 crafts aimed at different audiences; toddler, kid and adult…chose your craft and get creating!! Source: http://www.mosaicofmoms.com/marble-painted-fireworks-diy/
- Red, white and blue paint
- A disposable (or washable) cup – one for each paint color (I used an egg carton this time.)
- A marble for each paint color
- A box large enough to lay paper flat on the bottom
- Large shirt or apron
- Place a piece of paper into the bottom of the box.
- Put a small amount of paint into each cup.
- Drop a marble into the cup and roll it around to cover it in paint.
- Drop the paint-covered marble into the box on top of the paper and roll it around by tipping the box to create your ‘fireworks’.
- Repeat with a new color and continue until you feel it’s finished!
Kid Craft Time!
- Empty toilet paper tube Small coffee filter
- Red crepe streamer Blue card stock White card stock
- Glue/double sided tape
- Star stickers
- Pop-its or Snaps
1. Start by fitting and gluing a coffee filter inside one end of the tube. This sealed the one end and made a little holder, so to speak.
2.Then wrap and glue some red crepe paper streamer around the bottom several times. I made cuts in it once it dried. This made the “rocket flames”.
3. Using a piece of blue card stock, cut it to the size of the tube and glued it into place. Cover the glued part of the crepe paper streamer too. The clips held it in place while it dried.
4. It is decorated with stars and filled with pop-its. You might call them pops, pop-its, snaps, or
5. I used white card stock to cut a circle, made a slit in it, and folded it around to make a cone shape. I used double sided tape to attach it to the top.
Adult Craft Time!
Now to get the creative juices flowing!!
Tie Dye Patriotic Pillow
The TULIP Tie-Dye Kit comes with everything you need but the fabric.
Includes 8 4oz bottles, 12 different color dyes, 8 pairs of gloves and 40 rubber bands
1. First read the directions.
2. When I was done reading the second thing I did was test the dyes. I wanted to make sure I had the right color. As I tried them I labeled each bag with the name of its color for future reference and use.
At this point I was ready to create. I mixed, inside of the bottle that came with the kit, the dyes with water according to the direction
3. I wanted my pillow to have a rustic old look so I eye balled the stripes for the flag. Using the tip of the bottle I traced the red ones first.
4. Then I used my finger to spread the dye. More dye you put more even the look will be. I wasn’t worried about it being perfect so I just had fun with it. After I was done with the red I repeated the same step for the navy blue rectangle.
5. Then all I had left was to let it dry and sew the flag to another piece of burlap to make a pillow. I added some old metal buttons that I had to give it a little more detail.
Let the crafting begin!!